Monday, February 1, 2010

in chicago

it's big and shit, but I was expecting to be slightly more terrified. I'm in the "hip" part of town where everyone wears tight pants and looks sad, so I fit right in. I've been looking for pizza, but I can't find any. We accidentally went to a faux-Hooters sports bar where the waitresses wore kilts and plaid bikini tops. There's a nationwide theater school audition in my hotel, so there are completely absurd theater kids running around and being melodramatic all up in here. There's a guy sitting near me singing show tunes :(((((((

It's pretty much like I expected:
1. There are pictures of the Blues Brothers everywhere. Get over it, Chicago.
2. Some people have cool accents, but less do than I expected.
3. It looks like Gotham City.
4. Loudspeakers on the streets constantly playing Sufjan Stevens.
5. I'm cooler than everyone here.
6. fucking cold

I'm going to get a disposable camera and take some pictures of the rest of my trip. Again, if you're from here, tell me what I must do ASAP.

Max: You're last post was shameful. Proofread that shit.
F- see me after class

PS: Now that more people have looked at our blog, I'd like to resubmit my imaginary friend request. Click the imaginary friend tag on this post for the scoop.

2 comments: