Saturday, February 6, 2010

Poons Ggod

It is really uncomfortable to acknowledge that most Americans watch countless hours of TV everyday, effectively stifling their brains and leaving themselves up to complacency and exploitation. (Roman bread and circuses anyone?) Anywho, the big hub-ub at my esteemed institution for higher learning is that Snoop Dogg will NOT be performing at Spring Party Weekend. Apparently the $100,000+ price tag was a bit steep. In the wake of the recession, even the Colgate kids are feeling the heart-wrenching effects.

But I will admit that I was excited for Snoop to come because in his contract he stipulates that he be allowed to do meet-and-greets with students. On top of this, there was going to be an organized forum in which he and concerned students would be allowed to discuss current drug policies and race relations. I really admire the fact that he wanted to engage students in some sort of intellectual manner. I guess the drunk masses (which will likely include myself) will just have to digest something else to fill the void.

1 comment:

  1. Chuck D spoke in Missoula last year and he changed my life. Maybe Snoop would have changed yours, too. Now you'll never know.

    PS why does Calvin hate us so much?

    ReplyDelete