Sunday, January 9, 2011

ALSO IT WAS OUR BIRTHDAY


we started the GSS last year, January 3rd, with no particular direction in mind. Max was like depressed and always whining about something or another, so I started him a blog so I wouldn't have to listen to him anymore. We tried to gather imaginary friends for an art project. We failed miserably (but it's never too late, readers! send us you imaginaries!). Then Calvin cried until we let him join. He promptly failed to ever write anything at all, the prick. Then Julia joined and was a total ray of sunshine, raising the average i.q. of the GSS by a staggering 1800 points. Then there was Olive, and suddenly it all made sense. We were on our way. Thousands of hits, more than a dozen followers. We were internet famous.

Then it all went off the rails somewhere and those losers punked out on me.

Regardless, it was a good year, GSS. We'll all try to make the next one better/actually good in the slightest.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you remembered the GSS's birthday, Sam. I remember it like it was last Jan.3rd...it was a cold winter night and I was sitting in my bed reading a book that was probably over my head. Then out of nowhere Sam burst into my room, took out his lightning sword of seething optimism, and cut down my "were never going to do anything meaningful with our lives" dragon. I think he even gave me a hug before he left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALSO, I looked at Rachel's blog via the link Sam provided. Her pictures of Butte were excellent and they made me miss home and my giant spiders so so so much that I would have started crying if I hadn't lost that capacity after my 3rd tour in 'nam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cause that land mine went off in your face?

    ReplyDelete