Tuesday, April 12, 2011

etcetera

My dog died over the weekend. I'm really sad and wish that I wasn't in school in Montana. I had a 2week SB that made me wish I was 14. But now I'm here and there's 4 weeks left and a teacher gave me a C and told me that I have some of the most beautiful poetic language she's seen.

I'm all confused and unsettled. I wish I wasn't.

Here, as promised, is a poem. Not my own, but Mary Oliver's:

Ordinarily I go to the woods alone, with not a single
friend, for they are all smilers and talkers and therefore
unsuitable.

I don't really want to be witnessed talking to the catbirds
or hugging the old black oak tree. I have my way of
praying, as you no doubt have yours.

Besides, when I am alone I can become invisible. I can sit
on the top of a dune as motionless as an uprise of weeds,
until the foxes run by unconcerned. I can hear the almost
unhearable sound of the roses singing.

If you have ever gone to the woods with me, I must love
you very much.

-How I Go to the Woods

And here's a lovely ending to an E.E.Cummings poem:
(dreaming,
et
cetera,of
Your smile
eyes knees and of your Etcetera)

Chynna

P.S. I am not really as sensitive and emotional as I have painted myself in my posts thus far. I promise.

P.P.S. Samwell, do you have info on this summer for me yet? I'm makin' plans...




2 comments:

  1. Nooo, so sorry about your dog Chynna :(

    They are probably the second most lamest thing to lose in the entire world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to think of something adequate to say about this post, but it's pretty much too sad. Everyday I expect my dad to call and tell me that Crunchy died. Dogs are too good for this world. Info about this Summer is on its way. I just have to wait till I'm allowed to say anything about it.

    ReplyDelete