Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We Are Now Internet Famous

So we have 10,000 hits. I'd like to think that we've learned and grown a lot in the last year or so, but I think that may be overselling it. Max and I started this blog in order to get over some creative blocks that we were both feeling. I wanted to collect imaginary friends. I think he wanted to take picture or some stupid thing. We failed in both respects (I'm still bitter about the imaginary friends thing).
However, what this blog has done is bring a bunch of people together who may have otherwise fallen out of touch. We are a society. Even our members who don't know each other in real life... know each other, you know? It's a friendship blog that a lot of people happen to read every now and then. I'm okay with that.

So thank you, Giant Spiders. And thank you, Spider Pals, for coming back here even though we're occasionally (always) inane. Let's all try our best to keep this beast going for another 10,000.

And, as always, fuck you Calvin, you useless twat.

Love,
Sam

PS: I occurs to me it may make the most sense to keep a contributing membership of eight instead of seven... like, thematically.

PPS: I'm fucking terrified of spiders.

PPPS: Happy Birthday, Rachel!

11 comments:

  1. Frustrated. I just posted a commented and I messed it up and now it disappeared. Bummer.
    anyways, Sam I'm going to try my hardest to get the kids I work with to tell me about their imaginary friends or what they think of imaginary friends. Maybe I can even get them to draw it.
    Yeah! Ya'll reached 10,000. I'm still a little bitter about the fact that no one posted on the video I posted in the comments section once. It was a cook making blood Popsicles (similar to Irish blood pudding-but better).
    Also, I'm going to law school!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kelly! What schools have you heard from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard from all and decided on MT-cheap, friendly people, good school, and where I want to practice! Now I can protect you when all thems' try to steal your brilliant ideas for ART

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Kelly! We're going to need all the legal help we can get, what with Sam's lecherous ways and all. Also, sorry for dropping the ball on the blood popsicles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I will ask my students too! I never thought of that.
    Would you guys consider Haylee as a member? She is smart and cool, but I wouldn't want you guys to feel like you were drowning in estrogen so I'll try to think of a boy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Julia and Kelly! I'd love to get some imaginary friends. Kids think up insane things.

    Haylee would be great. I'll amass a short list and present it to you guys soon.

    I wuv all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I will ask Bernie. He's pretty apathetic so he may be another person who doesn't actually write things, but my god do I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm honestly afraid that haylee or clark would try too hard and make me feel bad. they'd like, write about topics :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bernie said he wouldn't want to keep up, or something. Told you!

    ReplyDelete