Sunday, March 27, 2011

I was gonna recommend some songs, but then I got high - 2nd Printing

Sam remembered, though, and I now have a small list. Clark pitched in, too, so it won't just be me remembering songs I like that have been on my iPod since high school (just kidding, I didn't have an iPod in high school).

First off, Sam, I told Clark that you have similar taste in music to both myself and our friend Jon, whom you've met and with whom you are now Facebook friends. (Maybe this'll jog your memory: You both have an affinity for corgis.) AND ANYWAY Jon has a COOL MUSIC BLOGthat I tried to tell you guys about on Monday, November 22, 2010. (Meta-link! Zing!) Go to him for further instruction if needed, but until then:

O'Death
Myspace-determined genre: folk/indie
Home base: New York
Place and time to listen: being careful not to step on sidewalk cracks
Place and time not to listen: death bed
Sounds vaguely like: Americanized Flogging Molly

Lia Ices
Myspace-determined genre: experimental/pop
Home base: Brooklyn
Place and time to listen: the kitchen at night
Place and time not to listen: a strip club
Sounds vaguely like: someone singing through a mirror

Shahs
Myspace-determined genre: live electronics/tropical/visual
Home base: "Missoula via Minneapolis"
Place and time to listen: The Palace
Place and time not to listen: pretty much literally nowhere
Sounds vaguely like: hot pavement

The Strange Boys
Myspace-determined genre: R&B
Home base: Austin, TX
Place and time to listen: the kind of party where they don't play beer pong
Place and time not to listen: Bible study
Sounds vaguely like: the parts of the 1960s I would have enjoyed
Super bonus: Playing at this year's Fool's Night Out, April 1 at the Badlander!


That's all for now; I'll add more when I have time. Here's an explanation of why I don't have time today. But I still love you!

Editor's Note - This is actually by Julia!

1 comment:

  1. Weird.
    Editor's note: this comment is also from Julia!

    "What am I, chopped, liver?"
    Julia Maes
    1989-2058

    ReplyDelete