Thursday, November 4, 2010

I forget

A couple days ago I thought several times "I should blog about that," but I've since forgotten everything I was going to say in cyberspace. I shall, instead, relay to you the same kind of nonsense I usually shit all over this page.

First order of business: Painting our house has progressed but mildly. Cheddar went out to pick a color for the livingroom and texted me while I was at work "Im goin with a blue green." I thought "Well, it's no Italian Buff but we'll see how it looks." I got home to a blue green unlike what I expected (relatively neutral, soothing, and easy to coordinate with everything else). It was... teal. This color teal:


Thank you, Chet.

"Wow, Cheddar," I said. "That's what you meant by blue-green, huh?"
"I called my mom and I think she led me in the right direction...."
"But you got lost along the way?"
"I'm COLORBLIND!"

Fuck. The name of the paint is LITERALLY "LaFonda Teal." Even colorblind people should know that shit's ridiculoos.

I managed to convince him to only do the accent walls and this weekend we're doing the rest in "Colonial Cream," which should mellow it out a bit. The kitchen will be "Golden Tulip" with "Colonial Cream" and Matt did the main floor bathroom (by that I mean sort of did the main bathroom... including the inside of the shower....???) in "Someone Ate a Raincloud Then Took a Dump All Over These Walls... And Shower...."

It's lookin good.

For those who wish to know, mainly Olivia, my Halloween was the most boring Halloween possible (except for all the boring Halloweens my 30-something friends had individually). We went to a party (I, a sunflower, Clark, a giant joint) but turned in pretty early. To clarify: slept in the KBGA bus, which wasn't wholly uncomfortable, just smelled like gasoline. And Clark's face was green and we were both on a twin mattress... real spooky.

Clark, my black girlfriend
(Just kidding I am racist I would never date a black girl)

Good news is that sixth-graders are way cooler than I remember them being. Or remember being. Bad news is they think Chuck Norris actually did all those things and his "autobiography" counts as a novel. Whatever. I got to tell some other chumps about House of the Scorpion and Holes. YA Lit is such a freaking cool thing to read for homework, by the WAY.

Ummmmm otherwise, Clark is in the northern Montana wilderness recording an album for a week and I am ridiculously lonely as a result, so I'm going to find some more children's novels to console my bitter heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment