Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My nose is running

I cannot tell a lie: the new color scheme makes my eyeballs hurt. But also I just made soup that included onions (red onions) to which I am very, very sensitive.
(I am practicing putting my prepositions not at the ends of sentences lately but haven't made a lot of progress. I think that's because it was a bullshit prescriptive grammar rule invented by the English who had their huge powdered bloomers all in a twist.
This is something up with which we will not put.)

My Thanksgiving was largely traditional and largely "heartwarming." Clark did very well with the unfair amount of family and high school friends present at one event or another, and he even talked to Grandpa Mike more than I think I have ever in my whole inadequate granddaughter life. Clark Bonus: You beat three generations of Maes women in one Scrabble game! 1-up.

I don't have something overwhelmingly provocative to drop on you tonight, and I don't have much time to make up anything really, but I'll drop you a couple proverbial recommendations anyway:

CD I remembered I liked: Electric Light Orchestra's Out of the Blue. I hate using the word epic, but this album is actually kind of epic.
Show I remembered I liked: Fawlty Towers. Better John Cleese than lots of other places and a perfectly good reason to laugh at the Spanish.
Book I remembered I liked: The Phantom Fuckin Tollbooth. Critics acclaim: "It's the best book in the whole wide world." I'm reading it to Clark because he is a baby and likes bedtime stories.

3 comments:

  1. i find the red quite pleasing. deal with it.

    are you really reading clark a story? jealous

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with julia about the red and green... but i'm a total hater so who effing cares what i say (type?) anyway.
    i'm glad my thanksgiving wasn't the only one who was kind of slightly boring. at least you got scrabble. my mom was too wine-drubk to play with me :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. and by drubk i mean drunk.

    ReplyDelete